Saturday, November 04, 2006

I'm going to miss every single one of them

My friends from my hospital took me out to dinner tonight. There were a total of 19 coworkers there in all. WOW! I was taken aback by the number of people that came to wish me well and good-bye. With each person's arrival, my heart was touched way beyond I can ever express in mere words. Thank you all for all the love, kindness and support that you have shown me throughout my time spent with you. Each of you hold a very special place in my heart that will never be taken by anyone else.

They showered me with gifts that were so absolutely wonderful and extremely generous of them. I'll need to photograph all of them but I got the knitting pattern a day calendar, silver and garnet (?) heart shaped earrings, a beatiful handmade afghan, a precious moments figurine and MORE!!!!! Like I said, I'll have to take pictures of it all. Thank you all so much for everything. Every single gift touched me and it was obvious how much thought and care went into picking each one.

The best though was that they put together a beautiful scrapbook for me. Pictures of all my friends, some absolutely lovely sayings and everyone wrote in beautiful words of friendship and encouragement. You all are such an extremely special group of people and it has been a pleasure and honor to work with each and every one of you.

Here are just a few pictures of the evening:







I am really gonna miss you all.

4 comments:

amylovie said...

How kind of them. You must have really touched their lives.

Amy

Anonymous said...

Beautiful wrap, too. Details, please

bethanie said...

It's really nice to have special friends like that!

Anonymous said...

Saying good-bye is always so difficult. It was a great adventure to work with you at CHP.
When you visited the print shop it made my crazy world tolerable. KT