From a meme comes a contest. . . . .
OK, so I was over at www.Amylovie.blogspot.com ( how DO you link?????) and was reading the latest meme she posted. While commenting I came up with quotes of a scene from a movie. CONTEST: I will send a prize (knitting related) for answering with the correct title of the movie that the following comes from: Ready? Here's the scene:
"Over? Over? Nothing is over until WE say it is! Did the Americans say it was over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? - [The Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?. . . .Let him go he's on a roll.] Hell NO!"
OK, so where is that from and what character (s) are speaking? The deadline will be this coming Wednesday at Midnight EST. That would be Wednesday, 7/27/05. OK?
As far as a meme, I got tagged by Amy and will reply as follows:
Pronunciation Keyn. pl. id· i·o·syn·cra·sies -A structural or behavioral characteristic peculiar to an individual or group.
Write down five of your own personal idiosyncracies. Then, if you wish, tag five people from your live gerbil or friendslist to do the same.
1. I make up songs to different tunes on the spur of the moment to fit any given situation. E.g. I have a whole song about pain medications/sedatives set to the tune of "Mambo No. 5" that I sing whenever we get a patient that has gotten or needs a lot of drugs. Weird, I know.
2. I HAVE to shake the milk jug before I will pour milk for myself or anyone else. I won't drink milk unless the jug has been shaken prior to pouring (sad thing is that I drink only Skim milk). (Is that 2 idiosnycrasies or 1??????)
3. I eat canned corn straight from the can and will NOT eat it heated up although I love to eat hot corn on the cob.
4. Speaking of canned items, I must buy canned items in even numbers even if the recipe calls for an odd number of cans.
5. I will recite scenes from movies or sing songs when people mention a portion of the lyrics or song in a given situation. I can't think of any examples right now, but believe me, I do it alot.
OK, so now I will tag the following bloggers:
Royal Amy (http://happyhomewrecker.typepad.com/seam_stressed/),
Lee Ann (http://www.fuzzylogicknits.com/blog/), and finally
Let's see what you all come up with!
Ooh, BTW, finished up the baby's girls umbilical hat. I made it in oranges, pinks and white. VERY cute. Will post pix when I can.