Tag you are it!
First, Moriah tagged me for a little meme that's kinda cute and been running around (frankly I'm surprised that any of you are still here with as lazy as I've been about blogging):P. Here be the specifics:
1) Link to the person who tagged you.
2) Post the rules.
3) Share six non-important things / habits / quirks about yourself.
4) Tag at least three people.
5) Be sure the people you tagged KNOW you tagged them by commenting what you did.
1. I am a neat freak at work everything has to be in it's place and any non-essentials thrown away. All my tubings, bags, bottles, syringes must be fresh and dated. However outside of work, I have many multiple piles all over the house and never put the same thing in the same spot twice. Despite this, I know where everything is. This drives my husband insane.
2. I DESPISE putting laundry away. I don't mind washing and drying. I even like folding things the right way so that everything is nice and neat and the same size. . . . .and then UGH! Hate, hate, hate, hate, hate putting it away. What a waste of time! Again, hubby is driven batty.
3. I had two miscarriages before successfully carrying our son. I spotted with his pregnancy and fretted over him the entire pregnancy (although I continued to work until the day I went into labor). I called my hubby with each and every twang putting him into fits of despair I am sure although he was extremely supportive.
4. I was very close to my great-grandmother growing up. She died on the day before my first communion. About 3 years later, I saw her sitting on the edge of my bed waving at me to let me know she was there. My husband thinks it was all a dream. It was in the middle of the day and I know what I saw. Nobody else saw her. Hubby thinks I'm insane on this point. Whatever.
5. My day isn't successful unless I make my patient smile at least once in my shift (barring those days when I am lucky just to keep my patient alive through my shift). There's nothing better than to hear your patient laugh or to see their eyes light up as they smile - especially when they do it despite their breathing tubes, etc. Makes my day every time. No insanity with this one, just some Patch Adams therapy (Ok, maybe a little craziness from me but would you rather have Nurse Ratched?)
6. I got my first (and so far only) tattoo at the age of 36. It took me that long b/c I wanted something that would mean something to me no matter my age AND that wouldn't look silly when I was old (gotta love them grandmas with their skull tattoos or birds/flowers on the breasts- NICE) and give my family something to be horrified about. I settled on the Univ of Miami split "U". It's on my lower back. Yeah, it's a tramp stamp but I like it and it isn't going to turn into some unidentifiable blob when I am old. Hmmm, does that make me crazy?
hmmmmmm I think I am going to tag. . . . . .
1. A Nurse who Knits
2. Knitting RN
3. Nurse Shar Knits
Oh, and BTW, could you tell that I had a fabulous day at work today?????!!!!???