Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Happy Halloween!


OK, so I tried to upload this picture on Halloween night but the witches and goulies must have been messing with blogger b/c it wouldn't let me do it. So, here it is now.

Pretty creepy huh? Not too shabby considering that as of 0700 on Halloween morning I had NO COSTUME and no intention of dressing up at all. Then the following conversation ensued:

DS: "So Mom, what are you going to dress up like tonight?"
Me: "I wasn't going to dress up."
DS: "But you ALWAYS dress up to pass out candy." (A true statement)
Me: "But I am not passing out candy this year remember? I'm going trick or treating with you since your Dad is in NC"
DS: "Oh, OK" (said with the saddest voice and look in his eyes EVER!)

So, off he went to the neighbors to go to school and I got in my car and drove to work. Now, the whole trip to work I was seeing his dejected little face and thought to myself "how many more halloweens do I have before dressing up TOTALLY embarrasses him and he acts as if I'm from outer space?"

So, what did I do? What any respectable mother would. I racked my brain on what last minute (and yet 9 year old 'cool') costume I could put together at the last minute.

Result?

ZOMBIE NURSE!

Funny thing was that when I picked him up from school I told him that I had figured out a costume so that I could dress up and that it would be a surprise for him. We went home, had dinner and started getting ready. I got dressed and did the whole she-bang in my bathroom, away from him. When I was done I called him to my room and walked out of the bathroom. His reaction? That nervous little hesistant laugh that kids get when they are scared but are trying to play it off. It was so cute and so sweet at the same time. I said "you know this is all just make-up and fake blood, right?" He said "MOOOOM, I KNOW that. Geez." and walked away.

Yeah, OK honey.


Tee hee.

6 comments:

Erin said...

I was wondering what that big honkin tube on your right side was until I clicked on the picture to blow it up. LOL! Great cosutume!

Cathi said...

You are just the greatest mom. Ever. Love the costume.

Mary Ann said...

Should you ever decide to give up nursing, you could become a makeup artist. Great costume!

Anonymous said...

that was a great last minute costume idea!

Jennifer said...

omg - ur costume rocks! i don't know why bloglines didn't tell me when u posted these last four entries...strange. anyway, awesome costume, mommacita!

Sourire11 said...

Great costume!!! How fun for your son....