Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Lookie what I did today!

It all started innocently enough. Really. DH is out of town and I was running a few errands he left for me to do for him. Good wife, right? OK, so I went to the usual coffee and bagel place and sat there for about an hour drinking my coffee and knitting. Great and relaxing time. I made good progress on Arwen so I was really happy. All is good so far for the day. So, then I went on my way to run the errands and while I was doing that I drove by a store that I've been meaning to check out.

Love the store. Very ecclectic with lots of cool items. So, I found a very pretty set of earrings (dangling gold tone hoopy earrings) on the clearance table (woo hoo). I then found a cool long necklace, double chain with amber colored beads & hoops with gold-tone chains. Score! Cost of the two? $22 (including tax) - Gotta love them clearance tables.

So, then I was thinking of what I was going to wear with them. . . . and the OCD kicked in when I realized that I had absolutely no bracelet that would match. Dang!

What's a girl to do? I went to the bead shop that I have been meaning to check out and made this:




Love it and it looks GREAT with the earrings and necklace. While I was there I saw the coolest big chunky glass beads and I HAD to have them. So, I made this:














I tried to get the spacers in between the beads with the close-up but I don't think it showed up well. Anyway, they are just silver balls but they make the chunky glass really 'pop'.

Total for the two? $30. Man oh man I LOVE being crafty. . . . . .

until tonight when I totally screwed up the shoulder short rows of Arwen and had to rip out about 8-10 rows of work. That's what I get for knitting and watching AI at the same time. Good thing is that I just ended up back where I was when I left the coffee shop. Sigh. It's worth it though. This is my first major sweater (well, first sweater period), my first cabling and my first piecing together of a project/garment so I want it to be right. BTW, I am holding off on calling my elimination predictions on the AI contestants until after I watch the girls perform.

Gotta go review my short row tutorials now.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

The bracelets RAWK - love love love the chunky clear one w/ the lil silver spacers...way cool!

Cathi said...

Love the chunky silver one too- you are so fun. And hey, you need a little reward for being such a great wifey-poo.

Sourire11 said...

Beautiful! I love the hammered one in your next post... so cool!

and I'm glad you watch AI too... i thought I was the only one. I haven't been keeping up with the girls at all but as long as my boy Blake doesn't get the boot I'm a happy camper.

and how sweet was the guy with the big hair's dedication?

ooooh and thanks for the well wishes on my doggie. I was probably more freaked out than I needed to be... but he's my dog!