Wednesday, February 28, 2007

I said I would call it. . . . .

although I am not as sure this week as I was last week.

Alright so starting with the guys:

Great hair or not, Sanjaya is out. I would be shocked if he stayed. What WAS that performance??

Ugh! I am having such a hard time with picking the second one but I unfortunately think that Brandon didn't make a good song choice and for that alone he is going to be out. I normally would have said that AJ would be out next but his performance got the audience much more involved than Brandon's. Sorry B loved your voice but your song didn't showcase it at all.

I like Jared's voice and he is definitely some of the better eye candy but, ugh, he KNOWS it. Blech. Simon is right about Phil. Between being in the Military, his dedication on Tuesday to the troops, his story with the birth of his daughter and his personality, he ain't going nowhere anytime soon. He truly is adorable. If I could snatch up his smile and sell it I would be rich quick. But his voice won't carry him beyond the final . . . . . uh, 10?

Now the girls:

First, I have to say that the boys stepped it up a notch and the girls came back a notch so they are on equal playing fields. Other than Melinda who had an amazing rendition of "My Funny Valentine", everyone elses nerves were showing or they just aren't as good. Despite their improvements from last week, I am going to say that Alaina and Leslie will be leaving. If either one of them stays it will be because of their looks. It's a shame because I think that Alaina is much more talented than she is coming off on the show and Leslie is a great jazz vocalist but that doesn't win American Idol. Y'know?

Stephanie and Sabrina really let me down this week with weak songs and performances. I don't know, I guess I just don't like those genres (although I love Beyonce but that song not so much).

I'm gong to go out on a limb and say that although it's a hard choice between her, Jordin and Lakisha, I think that Melinda is going to ultimately win it all.

I really wish that Chris Sligh could win though. Gotta love him. What a sweetie and hilarious too!

BTW, I thought you all might get a kick out of this, despite not really "watching" the show (he sits through it because of DS and I) DH is amazingly on the same train of thought as Simon. It's kinda funny to watch actually. He'll make comments after a performance and then Simon says the same thing (sometimes verbatim). When did I marry a Brit?

1 comment:

Maureen said...

Show's just wrapping up here on the west coast and I have to agree with your thoughts with one exception....Antonella. I'm not of the mind that she'll be around another week.

Love sitting down to watch the show if only to spend some time knitting ;)