Monday, August 06, 2007

Finally some more knitting

OK, OK, so I am finally feeling better and can't sit down to a proper post. I have been up to some knitting during this brief run-in with a summer cold. I've worked on my Hogwart's Sock Swap and have almost completed sock number 1. Unfortunately, b/c this time around the swap isn't a secret one, I can not post progress pictures (RATS!) The time will have to wait until the pair is done and I ship them on to their new home. I need to keep up the pace so that they are done quickly and so that I will be ready for the race!

I need a quick but nice dishcloth pattern. Any suggestions ladies?

Lastly, my last Hogwarts Sock Swap pal had forgotten to include my needles in my package (oops!). Well, last week I got my needles and they were SO WORTH the wait. I got Lantern Moon Ebony DPNs. Wanna see? Take a look!



Beautiful, no?

Thanks so much Sandy!

4 comments:

Sandy said...

Glad you are feeling better! I can't wait to see the pattern you chose for your wonderful sock!
Glad you like the needles! I was going to get you the Rosewood but then saw the Ebony and knew you had to try those! I have a pair that someone sent me from Germany ages ago and I love them! Hope you enjoy them! I know lots of wonderful socks (and dare I say, MITTENS?) will be created on those beautiful needles!
xo

amylovie said...

Your new needlesa are beautiful. I've heard good things about them.

Amy

Mary Ann said...

You've done so much knitting I'm sure that you could just make up a dish cloth pattern. With your energy and skill, the sky's the limit.

Glad you're feeling better.

Katherine said...

Oh man, those needles are beautiful. Lucky you. : )

And I'm also feeling the pressure to come up with a dishcloth pattern - quick but nice. If you find one let me know! It's so hard to pick out something for someone you don't know. I think I might get my box sometime late next week maybe - how about you?