KnittingNurse

Just a place where I can sit and write my thoughts on my newest passion. . . . . knitting. Hopefully, I will better document my progress throughout knitting and get in touch with others as obsessed as I am!

Monday, January 01, 2007

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

I hope that everyone's New Year's Eve celebrations were all they hoped they would be. As for us, we chose a quiet evening at home, just the 3 of us. That seemed to be the theme for us this year for the holidays, what with the move and all. However, it was a FABULOUS holiday season. We have never had the holidays to ourselves as a family and I think that it was a nice change of pace. Being able to just sit back, relax and enjoy without all the hustle and bustle of traveling, getting "dressed up" (although I do loves me some dressing up) and visiting here and there. It was great to lounge in our pjs all Xmas day (Yep, ALL DAY until about 2:00 in the afternoon), hang out and shop on my birthday (shop for DS - xmas money HAD to be spent) and just relax, play games make home-made pizzas (Yummy) and watch TV for New Year's Eve. Aaah. Today we have a day of watching parades and cleaning out the garage (YUCK) planned. Oh well, I guess we need to come back to reality.

Lest you all think that I no longer knit, here is some proof:

THAT would be a completed back and the beginning of the front of Arwen



Here are close-ups of the color variations from the back (isn't that just beautiful?) and of the cabling (sp?). LOVE IT!

Let me tell you all something about that cabling. . . . I've never worked off a chart before. Every thing I have ever knit I have had written out pattern repeats. So, I would just read the stitches and do them. Here, no writton out pattern repeats, just a chart. I ripped that piece out 3 times before I finally understood how to read and complete the chart. Yeah for me! Something new learned. Woo hoo!

I guess that this is a small accomplishment I know, but, now I don't have to be afraid of all those beautiful lace patterns that are solely based off a chart. Yeah!

Oh boy, that opens up a whole new world now. . . . . YIKES!

9 Comments:

At 11:07 AM , Blogger Esther said...

Those cables are beautiful! What a great way to ring in the new year. Working from charts is great, it took me a while to get used to it, but it really does open up new worlds of knitting. Happy New Year!

 
At 11:13 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooo! Your progress on Arwen is lovely! Can't wait to see the progress on this knit!

 
At 11:47 AM , Blogger Cathi said...

Happy New Year! Love the cardi!

 
At 12:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Arwen's coming along nicely.Can't wait to see the finished product. I too have a chart phobia. I'm totaly intimidated by a pattern that consist totally of charts.Happy New Year!

 
At 3:55 PM , Blogger amylovie said...

I love that pattern. We had the original Arwen in the shop during the Interweave trunk show. It will look gorgeous on you.

Happy New Year!

Amy

 
At 12:59 PM , Blogger Suzie said...

Nice job on Arwen! And Happy Belated Birthday!!

 
At 1:15 PM , Blogger Sourire11 said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!!!

Glad to hear you had a nice holiday season...

Your Arwen is beautiful!!! and seriously, go you with the charts!

 
At 9:50 PM , Blogger Jennifer said...

yay for the arwen - looks gorgeous!! and woohoo on clicking w/ the charts...i haven't tried it yet, but am excited to eventually try!

 
At 11:12 AM , Blogger irishmama said...

Happy New Year. The Cardi looks great, I love the color.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home