Folks, we have a winner!
Well, I gave you all an extra day to participate in the contest (I thought we could all celebrate my birthday that way). So, I am just now finished with the drawing and will post the winner and answers.
Annie was the name drawn from the basket by my DS. He was playing on his new Nintendo DS and just stuck his hand out to draw a winner so you KNOW that there was no favoritism involved! >wink<
For those who may be interested here come the answers
1. "Bleached Yule" = White Christmas
2. "Only yearning for the double anterior incisors" - All I want for Christmas is my 2 front teeth
3. "Righteous Darkness" - O Holy Night
4. "Arrival time 24 hundred hours - Weather cloudless" - It came upon a midnight clear
5. "Loyal followers advance" = O come all ye faithful
6. "Far off in a feeder" - Away in a manger
7. "Array the corridor" - Deck the halls
8. "Small male percussionist" - Little Drummer Boy
9. "Monarchial Triad" - We three Kings
10. "Nocturnal Noiselessness" - Silent Night
11. "Red Man en route to city" - Santa Claus is coming to town
12. "Frozen precipitation begin" - Let it snow
13. "Proceed and enlighten on the pinnacle" - Go tell it on the mountain
14. "The four-legged animal with the vermilion proboscis" - Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer
15. "Question regarding the identity of an infant" - What child is this?
16. "Delight for the planet" - Joy to the world
17. "Give attention to the melodious celestial beings" Hark the Herald Angels sing
18. "The dozen festive 24 hour intervals" - The 12 days of Christmas
and of course
19. "Icy the frozen rain guy" - Frosty the Snowman
I thought that was kind of fun. I hope you all enjoyed it as well.
Off to get dressed and ready for my Birthday dinner. Oooh, Oooh, I got a $100 gift certificate to a local yarn store from my boys! Yeah! I hadn't been to that particular one yet so we drove to it today. They had koigu and Debbie Bliss and Rowan and sock yarns and Manos del Uruguay and all sorts of merinos, alpacas and wools. As Rachael Ray would say "Yum - O". I didn't end up spending any of it because: A) I wanted to come back with a pattern in mind and get enough yarn for that project and B) I thought that I could do that when I was absolutely crazed with not buying yarn and need a "fix" in the coming year.
That MAY help me keep on track with the KFYS group (maybe. . . . .)
UPDATE AS OF 10:51 PM
Got back from dinner a little bit ago. FABULOUS restaurant (Vin located in Raleigh). Had a great time and meal with the boys. I had to update because looky at what else I got (this is besides the gift certificate AND the outfit I wore to dinner tonight). . . . .
AACK - blogger won't upload AGAIN!!!!! UGH! Ok so what I got was a baseball style long sleeved t-shirt (white body with pink sleeves). Across the front there is a ball of yarn with 2 knitting needles stuck in it and underneath it reads. . . . .
The princess is knitting