Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Yarntopia came to town. . . .

Well, not really but it was pretty darn close. Amy's lovely mom, Mary Ann was in town visiting family and I was lucky enough to be able to talk her into meeting me. I was going to meet her half way but then she wanted to get together tonight and . . . . . it was Sit 'n Knit so she came up to us! YEAH!
We all had a lovely visit with her, what a doll she is! Amy, I can see where you get all your beauty and warmth. Can I steal her more often? ;o)

So, why did I say that Yarntopia came to town you might ask? Well that would be because of this:
That my blogland friends is my very own skein of Fleece Artist Merino Sock Yarn in the exclusive Yarntopia colorway! Yeah! Mary Ann hand delivered it all the way from Katy! It was so gorgeous that I HAD to wind it up right away. (I think that I can see the colors much better when it's wound up don't you?) We were all drooling over it when she took it out of her bag. No, really, everybody went nuts. What? You don't believe me. OK, OK, here's the proof:

See? I told you so! tee hee.

AAAUUUGGH! I have one more cute picture of Mary Ann and I were she is giving me the yarn and blogger won't let me post it. ACK!

Anyhow, we had a lovely visit, the yarn is amazing and I was tickled pink to have met her.

5 comments:

Mary Ann said...

And I had a terrific time. The ladies at the knitting group were kind and welcoming. And you were so much fun to get to know. I described you to my husband as enthusiatic and energetic as well as warm and friendly. I am really glad we were able to get together. I will deliver those hugs to Amy and her girls as soon as I see them.

Sarah said...

That's awesome that you got to meet Mary Ann! She is very nice. Looking forward to seeing what pattern you use for your Yarntopia socks. I still haven't started mine...

Cathi said...

How fun! I love that colorway. But I'm still waiting of another pic of your hair chopped off!

Sourire11 said...

wait... is that the sit 'n knit at birds of a feather? I've been thinking about going to that but it's a little far from my house... but it looks so fun! Perhaps next week I'll make the trip!

Thanks so much for the comment about River Yarns closing, btw. My mom and I went to it and stocked up bigtime.

amylovie said...

Y'all are so cute! What a fun bunch. I just got off the phone with my mom, and she said what a wonderful time she had meeting you and your friends. I think you made her trip.

Amy