Sunday, June 25, 2006

Watermelon sock pictures (finally)


Here's the sock from the side. I divided the skein prior to knitting so that I could make them toe up and use as much yarn as I had. They are "almost" knee high. I like them! I love the way this yarn striped up. Isn't it adorable? the yarn quality is great and the dye job is excellent. Thanks so much to Dani.
Here is a close up of my short rowed heel. This time I didn't have nearly the "holes" problem that I had last time I did this. I don't think I was picking up the wraps the correct way the last time I made them. I think I have it down now.


Last shots are in my new, adorable, I am in love with SHOES! Aren't they cute too? AND, I think the socks are going to look great in them. I am now almost at the beginning of the heel on the second sock. Yikes but my summer knitting has been slow. Sheesh! I better pick up the pace if I want to have a successful one of these!

Wish me luck!

7 comments:

Emma said...

Hee, hee! They're fantastic!

Sarah said...

I love the socks! And the shoes are cute too!

amylovie said...

I love them! You need to get a pair of the clear clogs to show them off.

Amy

Sourire11 said...

Cutest socks ever.

Lisa said...

Those shoes (and socks!) are adorable!!!

Anonymous said...

This is kinda old but you really think those shoes are cute??? Come on now. AND you wear socks with them??? I'm so confused. We don't wear socks much down here.

knittingnurse said...

To anonymous,

If you would be brave enough to leave your name then I could reply properly but since you aren't I really don't care what you think.