Friday, February 16, 2007

Some pictures finally!

So I finally got around to getting some pictures of the "spoiling" that my Mom did on her last day here with me during her visit. My kitchen (which you all know that I LOVE) had a significant amount of space between the top of the cabinets and the ceiling that was just screaming for "something". So, my Mom wanted to fill that space for me. Off to Homegoods we went for "the hunt". Who would have thunk it? We found just the "right" stuff. Take a looksy:


Ok, Ok, so that picture is hard to see the jars/plates. It was the best I could do to show you the entire area. I am trying to go with a rustic feel (I say Italian Tuscany'ish' but DH thinks it all looks much more French Provincial - either way, I LIKE IT!) So, here are the "close-ups"




We got 2 of these 'squarish' plates because there were only 2 types of plates but I needed a total of 3 plates.


Aren't they all just so pretty? It really made the kitchen seem more "finished" to have those on the tops of the cabinets and they brought out the color of the walls beautifully.

I also took a few more "progress" pictures of Arwen since I hadn't taken any in a while. Progress has slowed but I haven't given up. I am almost exclusively knitting on her, I just haven't had much knitting time period.




I like the way it's coming along. It's working up well. . . . .

6 comments:

KnittySue said...

Nick china on those cabinets...I did sort of the same thing. Try getting some silk vines and bushy leaf bunches and put them in between and run some leafy vines in front of and it'll accent beautifully. I got some small baskets and loaded them with sick plants/flowers and put them in between my glassware and ran some vines out of the basket and in front of the glassware, even added a birdhouse. Just thought I'd share. I love that space in my kitchen. Love your blog....take care.

Sarah said...

Lovely decor! I do have to agree with your husband. I think the blues make your pieces look more French than Italian. But I do agree with you too - I like it either way :)

knitknurse said...

I am also a "knitting nurse". Check out my blog at www.knitknurse.blogspot.com. I hope you don't mind, but I'm starting a link list of knitting nurses - I'd like to see how many of us there are - so I put a link to your page from mine. If you'd like me to take it off, just let me know. I, too, am a critical care nurse...an ED nurse (manager at the moment). I was the critical care educator for a year, but they got rid of the position because too many other departments were whining that they didn't have educators dedicated to their departments. Love your blog!

knitknurse said...

My email address (since the changes in blogger have erased it) is iukrn@bcremc.net if you want to contact me other than on the blog. Maybe we can get team up on the Nurses Who Knit webring...I've thought about starting one, but was going to wait until I finish my RN to BSN program this summer.

amylovie said...

Your kitchen looks great Janette.

Amy

Sourire11 said...

Very cute!!!

Arwen is looking amazing -mmmmm malabrigio.

And I so don't think they are going to kill Meredith - I think she will make a miraculous recovery right before the final commercial break. But I could be wrong... she might end up just as a narrator... I can't wait to find out!