Monday, December 04, 2006


So, the birthday celebration was a success. He's old and tall enough to drive a go kart (real gas powered, no tethered track go kart) all on his own. It was pretty cool to watch him go although DH and I had to slow down our go karts and egg him on to "floor it" - wait a few years and we will be reversing that I am SURE! ;->

We played a game of putt putt. The waterfalls, ships, and other sculptures, etc were very cool and it was a well kept course.

DS got to play a few arcade games - here's he's trying to skateboard on a virtual skateboarding game. Very complicated!

We took him to eat at his favorite restaurant for Dinner - Carrabas! Here we are waiting to place our order.
And here we are at home with his cake. I baked the cake. I never bake cakes on birthdays. It's kind of pitiful looking but tasted damn good!


Oh, and, why yes, that IS the top that I knit on vacation this year. Thank you so much for noticing!

;-}

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

yay for bday celebrations, homebaked cake and adorable knitted tops that u can wear (even inside) at this time of year...i've worn nothing but hoodies and wool socks lately...brrr!

amylovie said...

You pictures aren't pulling up. Darn! I would love to see you in your top.

Amy

Cathi said...

I can't believe we both have Sag babies- I'm glad that you had such a fun celebration!

And I super heart Carrabba's as well!

Cathi said...

And PPS- The cake kicks ass.

Sourire11 said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun!

so I heard a rumor that you bought enough malabrigio to knit a sweater??? I want details!

Anonymous said...

Have you changed you comment page? I cannot usually comment for some reason - Yay! Looks like your little decade will be taller than you in no time! You look like you all had a wonderful time -first birthdays in a new place can sometimes be so yuckky. Glad to see everyone is making the transition smoothly!