Saturday, September 09, 2006

Bad vs Good

BAD I severely sprained my back on Thursday doing CPR in a (failed) attempt to resucitate a patient.
GOOD I had some muscle relaxants that have allowed me to be able to get some rest and sleep.

BAD My back STILL is hurting and I was unable to help DH pack up the boxes in the garage to take to the storage unit today. I also didn't get very far in cleaning up more stuff around the house today.
GOOD DH had scheduled some local movers to move his office furniture out of his old firm office and into the storage unit. While driving back from downtown I called DH and suggested having the movers come out and get the boxes from the garage to take to the storage unit. They were done with them all in about 1 hour (it would have taken us ALLLL day and killed both our backs). Extra cost? $40.

BAD The handyman that is doing some work for our house in preparation of listing it for sale stood us up today and said he would not be back until Tuesday - he's now estimating the work will be done in another 2 weeks instead of next week!
GOOD I didn't cry until AFTER I got off the phone with him. Then I calmed down and I am trying VERY hard to remember that it will be worth it in the end. DH was EXTREMELY sweet and visibly as upset about the delay as I was and kept apologizing for picking this particular guy (I had a so-so feeling about him).

BAD Bestbuy stood us up AGAIN (6th appointment now) for our appointment to fix the freezer door of our refrigerator. I spent 1 1/2 hours talking to their consumer relations department as well as the inhome repairs department. The door broke at the end of June and today was the 6th appointment to repair the D)*&*& thing. This is the second appointment that they have cancelled b/c the "door was damaged upon delivery to the warehouse".
GOOD Well, the house repairs are behind so waiting for the D*&^&* Bestbuy people isn't completely holding us back. I informed each and every Bestbuy representative today that we would NEVER buy anything from them again. That felt good! I was actually able to speak without raising my voice and using foul language!

BTW, NEVER, EVER, EVER buy anything major from Bestbuy! Their follow-up service and policies are HORRIBLE! This thing started leaking in late June and it is STILL not fixed. The repairmen only work 8-3:30 M-F and then only 8-2 on EVERY OTHER Saturday (what about people who work fulltime??????). Getting through their automated phone system is horrific and you often get cut off after waiting 5-10 minutes or longer! I asked them twice to check the condition of the door prior to the appointment (it was delivered a week and a half ago but I couldn't get a Saturday appointment until today) and they said they would but then they didn't until today! They could have ordered the 3rd door and had it by today if they had just looked at the door when it arrived like they told me they would!

REPEAT - NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVVVVVEEEEEERRRR buy from Bestbuy!


BAD My sweetheart, love of my life DH is leaving at 0630 to drive to NC and away from us! :-(
GOOD Well, although I HATE him leaving and us being apart, he will be much happier in this new job and it will be better for our family in the end. Also, I will be flying down with DS in 2 weeks to visit and house hunt.

BAD The delay in repairs around the house is pushing back our timeline on when we can really bid on a house and DS and I have our tickets bought already.
GOOD DH thinks that there is still a good possibility that we will be down for good before Thanksgiving and is still promising that it will be no later than the beginning of December.


Sigh.




So, what's going on in your worlds?

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

oh dear - i'm so sorry to hear that you hurt your back...i have a bad back, so i completely sympathize w/ your pain right now, girlie. and i'm sorry to hear about all the other problems, too. wtg on finding good in every one of those situations...you are handling things waaay better than i ever could, that's for sure! hang in there and if you want some company for knitting and mojitos after hubby is gone, let us know (in case you can't make it to sit n knit)!

amylovie said...

Nothing like what's going on in your world. Yikes! Just remember that all things happen for a reason.

Amy

Anonymous said...

My thoughts are with you, change is soooo disruptive. Hang in there!!!
Lauren

Sourire11 said...

Ugh…I’m sorry you’re having a rough time of it…

I hate best buy. HATE them. Last Christmas I bought my husband a beer fridge and a tv for the basement from there… well the fridge wouldn’t fit into my car. So ok… I had already bought it… and the kid that they had working stock said that I could come back the next day with a bigger car and pick it up… He wrote my name and phone number on a blank piece of paper and taped it to the box. I thought this was a little ghetto for a major corporation so I asked – um is this all you need to do? I don’t need to fill out a form or anything? And he said no that all I needed was my receipt. Well… apparently this minimum wage 15-year old didn’t really know what he was talking about (go figure). I go to customer service the next day with my receipt and they wouldn’t give me the fridge. I didn’t fill out the form and have the hold receipt so how would they know it was mine? Um because it has my name on it?! I had to literally get into a huge fight with the manager (the 4th person I spoke with after wasting nearly an hour of my life during the frickin’ holidays) for them to reluctantly give it to me. I’m sorry but it’s not my problem that the idiots you employ are not capable of doing their job. Hate them.

I hope the rest of your move goes more smoothly! It will all be worth it in the end.