Wednesday, January 11, 2006

I applied to go on "The Amazing Race"

I am SOOOOOOO excited. I have been talking about applying since I first saw the repeats of season 1 and for one reason or the other hadn't been able to. Well, I went with my office mate to an open casting call in Cleveland today and I have now officially applied. YEAH!!!! I am so PSYCHED! It was very cool. We filled out our applications, took the requisite photos and then we went today. We had to stand in the cold drizzle for just under 2 hours and then got to wait in line inside of the House of Blues. We were contestants #90 and then had to wait another hour and a half before we got to go on stage and be videotaped. 2 mins to sell ourselves to the producers. YIKES! And guess what I wore???????? My Sexy Knitters Club Baby Doll T-shirt! Yep, that's what I wore. I wanted to show off my quirkiness and be different so I decided to wear that shirt. Kinda cool, don't ya think????? Anywho, we got a good bit of applause and we certainly were just as good as most and better than a few other teams with their on stage presence (some people were really boring and then others were just 'not quite there'). So, everyone keep their fingers crossed. Maybe late summer - early fall I'll be on TV, carrying my knitting with me traveling around the world! Funny, most teams try to rest on those 8 hour train rides, but me, I'll be a knittin' fool!

I was at sit 'n knit last night talking about this and everyone was really excited for me. I said that with my luck, we will have a task where we go to Japan with all those alleys of hand-dyed silk yarn and have to deliver a barrel full of lovely yarn and then NOT BE ABLE TO KEEP ANY OF IT! Can you imagine??? I think that would be harder than bungee jumping!

Can you tell that I am just a LITTLE excited about this?????

8 comments:

Suzie said...

That's so cool! AR is a great show--I hope you make it on!

Mary Ann said...

If you make it, we will all be thrilled for you. I'm already happy that you had the excitement of applying. You go girl!

amylovie said...

That is SOOOO COOOL!!! I'm going to send all of my good luck vibes your way. I laughed out loud when I read you wore your SKC tee. If you made it, I would wear mine every night to cheer you on.

Amy

Christine said...

GOOOOOOD LUUUUUUCCCCCCK!!!!

StarKnits said...

wow awesome i hope you make it! i love that show!

kathy b said...

So funny, the Japan yarn comment. You have to keep us posted. It would be so fun to watch knowing it was my blogging nurse friend!

SAM said...

How cool is this? We may have to get Yarntopia shirts made so you can wear one as you race around the globe! Good luck!

Nyxxie said...

Wow that is too cool hope you get selected!