Friday, December 09, 2005

Updates, knitting, etc., etc., etc.,

So, I really have been knitting. I just frankly have been too lazy to take any pictures of anything. So, let's see. I have finished 2 and 1/2 teacher scarves ( I need to do a total of 4), I have finished up a pair of long standing WIP socks (YEAH) that I will be gifting for x-mas.

I finished up a small cabled knit purse from this pattern (thanks so much Spytastic). I am currently sewing the handles on. I used Wool-ease big and easy in cream. 1 skein was all it took. I did however make the bag deeper by making my rectangle longer than the pattern calls for. It was too tiny the way the pattern calls for so I just kept going until I was almost out of yarn. I saved enough yarn to sew the bag onto the handles and I will have a bit to spare. Now I need to figure out how to make and attach the fabric lining (I knit, crochet, x-stitch, embroider, do hardanger and pulled thread work but I do NOT sew, sigh!). My mom is coming to visit on 12/22. I'll probably just have her do it (tee hee!).

I have put my poor beaded shawl off in lieu of Xmas knitting. RATS! I really wanted it done for xmas eve. Oh well, that is just how it goes, right? (I guess I shouldn't complain since I knit myself a purse but, that doesn't really count because it was chunky wool on big needles and just took me 2 1/2 short evenings to knit - I can justify ANYTHING :-P ).

I started a beautiful knit 2 purl 2 chenille scarf. I am using (I think) Great Adirondanks chenille ( I can't remember what chenille it is that I am using). Anyway, it's GORGEOUS! I'm about 1/3 third done with that one.

I'm sure there is more that I've been up to, I just can't think of it off the top of my head. I will have to go home and look stuff over, take pictures and write up a REAL post. But, since I am at working and being bad ("there were these 3 naughty nurses, they were naughty, saucy even, naughty nurses, and they were in the shower. . . ." - Oops flight of ideas to Grey's Anatomy. Let me get back to what I was saying), when I get home I will let you know what I've really been up to, Ok?

Oh, and BTW, did anyone else think that $29 was OUTRAGEOUS for this??? I got one (sans knitting motifs and needle inventory) at my local Michael's for between $2 and $3. Why don't I ever come up with these marketing ideas, huh?

1 comment:

amylovie said...

You have been a busy beever! $29 for that!!! Outragious!

Amy