Wednesday, December 14, 2005

5 handknit teacher gifts? CHECK!

Yep! I finished the 4 teacher scarves and 1 teacher hat. Woo hoo! Check them all out in all of their finished glory!! (I'm so relieved!)

So, let's talk about each, shall we? The scarf at the far left is made from Boa in the mint-yellow colorway. Pretty basic but DS loved the yarn so, who am I to argue? Next to it you see a pretty Eros scarf. The colorway was so cool on that one. Turqouise (sp?) to lime, to blue, to purple and back again. Very fun knit. Next we have my FAVE by far. It's a little neck warmer (sans brooch which I must acquire) and the yarn was sooooo cool. It is Nashua Handknits Wooly Stripes. It was a JOY to work with and check out the color variation:



















Isn't that a great colorway???? LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it~




Then on the far right is a scarf made from Shakespeare. It's the pattern that comes on the tag from the ball of yarn. It's a quick and easy lacy knit. Here's my attempt at showing you the knit detail. Took just one ball of the yarn and was very, very quick to knit. I liked knitting with it quite a bit.





Last but not least, at the top you see a simple 2k, 2p ribbed "skullcap" type hat for my son's male math teacher. Noro Kureyon. Need I say anything else???

Well, I am very pleased with myself as I have all the teacher gifts done TWO (count them 2) days before they are to be given. I'm doing good on the knitting deadlines. Woo Hoo!

3 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Beautiful. Those teachers are so lucky. My husband was a teacher for over 30 years and never got such wonderful gifts. We did have a terrific mug collection however.

amylovie said...

Way to go at cranking those babies out! They are turned out very, very nice. The teachers will be very touched that you took the time to make them.

Amy

Cathi said...

Congrats! What a great feeling!