Saturday, March 19, 2011

What's up nurse?

Here at Chez Knittingnurse, March madness is in swing, the birds are singing and the crafts are slowly starting to re-emerge.

I made an egg Temari today that is meant for my niece. She is just about 18 months old now. Last year, I made matching egg Temari for her and myself. So, I have completed her egg for this year and tomorrow I will have to make the same egg again, this time for me. I think it will be pretty cool for us to having matching collections of Easter egg temari. Don't you.

I have had a set of felted clogs on the needles since last Fall. They are to replace the well worn (through) clog slippers I made a few years ago for DH. DS wants a pair to but he's growing out of shoes so fast that making a pair now would be an exercise in futility.

All that not withstanding, the most important thing going on here is that I have opened an Etsy shop! Something from the Heart "Handmade gifts and vintage treasures" opened about a month ago. I will be selling vintage items as well as handmade (by me) items and photographs. Right now, I only have vintage items and photographs for sale but I am pretty excited about it.

Here are a few of the items that I currently have up for sale ;



The tin salt and pepper shakers are absolutely adorable and much cuter in person. They very retro, kitschy and nostalgic. Love them! The tea bowl and saucer are Royal Staffordshire china. Who knew that find China was available in tea bowls? Regardless this is a charming set that will make a great addition to someone's tea cup collection.








So, here are a couple of examples of the photographs that I am selling. Red Geraniums in my window was taking last summer during our trip to Paris. I took this shot from the balcony of our hotel room. I just loved the rustic feel and the contrast of the red from the flowers against all the neutrals surrounding them. In the Arms of the Angel is a statue that can be found at the Louvre. I don't remember who the sculptor was but while admiring it, I got to this angle and loved the play of light and shadows to the statue. Isn't it wonderful?

What do you all think of these so far? The photographs that I have posted and will post are all going to be my own original shots taken during the KnittingNurse family adventures.

I appreciate any comments you have regarding the shop, items, listing and such. So, excited!



No comments: