Tuesday, July 17, 2007

I'm in again!

So, I mailed my Hogwarts Sock Swap Socks and package yesterday. It'll be there no later than Thursday - woo hoo! So, I went to the Hogwart Sock Swap Blog and I found this:

Yep! I'm a glutton for punishment - er, or maybe just for Harry??? Anyhow. Why don't you join in? You know you want to. Go look at all the cool packages that people have been receiving on the first swap. Don't you want in on some of that action? Yeah, I thought so. . . . . go on over and join in on the fun. sig-ups began on July 14th but they are still openings left. Hurry up before the classes are all full! tee hee!


Hogwarts Sock Swap 2 Questionnaire
Second Years


1. What Hogwarts house have you been sorted into?
I remain a Gryffindor. Different test - same result. Go Red and Gold!

2. Shoe size? Foot length? Foot circumference?
Size 8 - 10 inches long - Circumference is 10 inches

3. List your three favorite sock yarns.
a. Cherry Tree Hill
b. Socks that Rock
c. my all-time fave - Koigu


4. Would you like to try a new brand of sock yarn? If so, which brand? ADDED 7/18/07: WOW! I just found this pattern and I want to try some of the sockpixie sock yarn to make it now. LOVE IT!!!!!
I would LOVE to try Scout’s Swag sock yarn. Or, hmmmmmm, ooh, ooh I would love to try Fleece Artist - I’ve tried other yarns from them but not their sock yarn. But, really, I like trying new yarns especially from the little, local yarn dyers.

5. Do you prefer variegated or solid sock yarn?
I have few solid sock yarns so I wouldn’t mind trying some of the “semi-solids” that are out there (Sunshine yarns on Etsy - oooooh). But I usually go variegated. I prefer patterned or striped over true variegated. I have “pooling” issues. I like repetitive sequencing. (My OCD rears it’s ugly head)

6. What colors would you like to add to your sock yarn stash?
Um, how about some fun semi-solids like apple or lime greens, warm yellows (not bright), or some deep (jewel-like) purples.

7. What kind of sock patterns do you gravitate toward? Lace? Ribbed? Fair Isle?
Anything but Fair Isle. I’m not into color work especially on something as small as socks.

8. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, animals, etc.)
Nope, but I can smell smoke a mile away.

9. Will your socks be exposed to cigarette smoke or animals as you knit them?
Nope. I have a dog but she doesn’t get up on my bed or furniture so they won’t have dog hair on them.

10. Are you willing to have an international Hogwarts Sock Pal?
Sure! I think it would be awesome!

Oh so, DS is at a cool hands-on kids camp this week that is doing all sorts of activities with them. Anyhow, they are going to see "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" get this. . . .on IMAX! So, I asked if parents could attend as well and they said Yep! So, I will be seeing it in IMAX (the last 30 minutes on IMAX is in 3D!!! How cool is that????!!!???)

4 comments:

Terri said...

It took me ages to work out who had commented on my blog! At first I was thinking, "my sister has joined?? she can't knit!" "hang on a minute, a virtual sibling???" FAB!!!!!!!! I'm an RN too, spooky LOL!!!!!!

Sourire11 said...

Looks like a fun swap!

Your little mini vaca sounded really nice. And yeah for your husband looking for yarn stores for you! What a guy!!! The potluck yarn sounds amazing...

Anonymous said...

You are going a second round, eh? Good for you! :D Your feet will be the happiest of gryffindors! (I hope....)
Enjoy HP in IMAX! Sounds heavenly! (I can't wait for the book!)
tomorrow should be the day your package arrives, I hope..

Anonymous said...

OOps, forgot to "sign" that comment. It's me, your secret hogwarts sock knitter!