Wednesday, November 15, 2006

The painting is DONE!

I love all the colors. The living room is much nicer than I had anticipated. Let me explain: We picked the colors off the top of our heads during our last visit prior to the move and had no way of comparing to our furniture. Also, we had a bit of a difficult time deciding which way to go with it and went through 3 different color schemes. We finally decided on a navy from the chair rail down with a creamy yellow from the rail up. The baseboards, chair rails and crown moldings throughout the house are with with accent wood in a medium-light wood tone. Kind of golden honey??? So, the white really shows off the colors very well. Anyhow, the living room had valance type draperies that where a large paisley-type flowery print that we thought for SURE would have to go (we aren't flowery paisley people). The fabric was cream with burgundy and blues for the print and the back is a solid burgundy which shows slightly where the drapes folded back. Our furniture is a burgundy and blue large plaid with a cream base. Well, it all went beautifully together. The yellow and navy walls with the burgundy, navy and cream couches and the burgundy, blue and beige drapes. The painting contractor came out to check the work when the painters where done and commented "you would think that you had planned that all together". It really does look very nice and I was extremely pleased with how the room came together.

My kitchen is a wonderfully warm orangey-red color. It's awesome and warm and rich and I love it. LOVE IT! I need to find some Tuscan inspired pieces to give it that 'finished' look. I am thinking of getting this from my Southern Living at home consultant. Isn't it beautiful?



There are a couple of other pieces that they have that are the perfect colors. I'll have to slowly add here and there as I can but if anyone knows of any other places that have pieces in burnt reds, golds, greens, etc. please let me know!

Our masterbath is a soothing brown tone. It's the color of a really dark roast coffee with just a bit of cream in it. . . rich and soothing. All the tile, counter and the tub are in white so the feeling is very serene. Gotta go get some chocolate towels and accent pieces for there as well . . . .

Hummmmm, I guess I should get off this thing and go unpack some more. So much to do.

And I STILL have to call agencies for interviews so that I can begin to take some shifts. Although I am working harder here than I ever do at the hospital.

Or at least it feels like that when I hit the bed at night.

Will take pix and post when: a) I find the camera cord to upload pix and b) some more boxes are out of the way so that you can SEE what things look like.

C ya!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

yay - can't wait to see pics...it all sounds beautiful!!

Suzie said...

Congrats on the move girl! Sounds like you've got your hands full w/out work!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your move. It's always such big stuff, moving, leaving a job, etc. Your new place sounds wonderful.