Thursday, August 11, 2005

YEAH, I got RAOK'd!!!!


A fuzzy side view of my fabulous tank RAOK! Again, check out the 'ceps! Now I have to work on the gut! Posted by Picasa

Well, my good pal Amy (Royal Amy in our sit n knit group - it's a long story) from seamstressed (see button to the right) RAOK'd me at sit n knit on Tuesday night. She brought me 2 FABULOUS tops! The one here is a halter from stitch n bitch made in microspun (yummy, soft and shiny!) and then the other is the shapely tank in a pheldar (is that right?) yarn that's a pale butter yellow with little white specks throughout. VERY VERY COOL. My knit pals spoil me so much. I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy!

Off we are to Toronto tomorrow. Can't wait. I am hoping to be up early enough and that the clouds cooperate in order to see the meteor showers. Sigh, I've NEVER seen a shooting star. I will say my prayers EXTRA EXTRA tonight! I am truly hoping to score some Koigu while we are in the great white north! Have I ever mentioned that Toronto is like, one of my most FAV cities, EVER??!!?? Well, it's true. We've been there a half dozen times or so and I never tire of it. Plus Canada is just so beautiful as well. Yeah, yeah, yeah. Oh, CA - NADA! hmm hmm humm humm humm HUMM! (I just know the first 2 words of their anthem but I know the tune so I hum it instead, tee hee!). Oops, there I go again with the flight of ideas. I can't seem to help myself when I am excited. (plus not sleeping for the last 2 nights ain't helpin' either)

So, back to knitting, I am hoping to score some Koigu while I am there. Have yet to ever see it in person in any shop that I have been too. Sigh. Love the colorways that I see online though, so hopefully, I will be successful with that endeavor. Planning on doing a little Geocaching while we are there (reminds me I have to go to the geocache website to download some caches) Ooops, I will focus again. Sorry about that. OK, knitting. Well, I am excited to see what beautiful yarns I will find up North. This is just my FIRST trip up to Canada since becoming a seriously addicted knitter. My DH is preparing himself for the sticker shock. Tee hee.

OK, I will go now but we are taking a laptop (hotel will have high speed access - yeah!). I'll hopefully get to let you all know how things are along the way. If not, we will be back on Sunday night.

AMY, again, thanks SOOOOOOO much. Wore shapely tank today after work and taking the halter with me to Toronto! Yeah for RAOKs!

2 comments:

amylovie said...

You ARE worthy! You ARE worthy! They both look great on you.

Have a wonderful time up north.

Amy

Cheryl said...

Very cute tops!